Consumers Affordable Resource for Energy – CARE
CARE is an assistance plan offered to Consumers Energy customers who meet income guidelines and are trying to better manage their energy expenses. As a CARE customer, you will also learn about FREE opportunities to make your home more energy efficient, along with practical ways to use less energy and save even more on your bill.
Program benefits include:
- Up to 40% credit on each monthly bill through August 2014.
- Help with your past-due balance.
- Access to energy-savings tools.
CARE program eligibility criteria:
- Consumers Energy account holder or spouse of an account holder.
- Income at or below 150% of Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
- No history of theft/fraud on the account.
Customers must validate household income and other eligibility criteria by March 24, 2014 to enroll. Please contact the following agencies for eligibility validation:
Tell the Agency you want to participate in the Consumers Energy CARE program, and they will make an appointment for you.
|THAW (The Heat And Warmth Fund)||1-877-646-2818|
|Salvation Army||See Your Local Agency (sawmni.org/cecare)|
- Click Here to Download Application
- Online Portal Coming Soon…